First-time Managers need to Practice Leadership Conversations
The journey from individual contributor to newly appointed manager is tough.
It brings excitement and anxiety as emerging leaders move from focusing on accomplishing their own tasks to helping others accomplish their own tasks.
It requires new skills that they normally did not practice enough.
Why should high potentials, emerging leaders and newly appointed managers practice on leadership conversations?
The shift in their role implies new responsibilities and new or, at least, improved communication skills, such as:
• Listening actively;
• Focusing on People instead on tasks;
• Learning from others;
• Managing a team;
Supporting young managers and developing their leadership skills is one of the main challenges of L&D, since they need to acquire the ability of managing a new set of critical conversations where high stakes, emotions and divergent opinions are very common and part of the daily experience.
In this webcast, we will discuss how a well-designed Digital experiential (learning-by-doing, if you prefer) approach, powered byArtificial Intelligence and deeply rooted into a human-centric methodology, can support this behavioral shift through an actionable critical conversational upskilling.
We will share more about our researches, case studies and direct experiences “on the field” dealing with this topic.
In this webinar, you’ll learn about:
• Why it is so important for new leaders to master leadership conversations
• What types of conversations really make the difference in the early days
• How you can integrate efficient practice-based training into your next leadership program
This webinar is the first in a series of six:
- First-Time Managers need to Practice Leadership Conversations
Apr 15, 2020 – 12 pm ET
- AI-driven Role Play for making First-Time Managers Practice Leadership Conversations
May 5, 2020 – 12 pm ET
- Four Best Practices to Improve Digital Learning Traffic and First-Time Manager Engagement
Jun 2, 2020 – 12 pm ET
- Six Best Practices for Faster First-Time Managers’ upskilling
Jul 8, 2020 – 12 pm ET
- Developing First-Time Managers’ Self-Awareness Through AI-Based Role-Play
Ago 5, 2020 – 12 pm ET
- Retaining Talents Through Development of Leadership Conversation Skills
Sep 1, 2020 – 12 pm ET
Registering for the April webinar will automatically register you for the remaining webinars in the series.
Are you ready to discover how first-time Managers can benefit from practicing Leadership Conversations?
Head of Business Design, SkillGym
Matteo is head of business design at Lifelike. He supports the product design teams, bringing the voice of stakeholders to the discussion thanks to his international experience in the learning and development industry and his human-centric approach.
Andrea has 20 years experience in the industry of digital learning. Since over 10 years now he designs and develop interactive simulations featuring video and AI to bring immersive and authentic digital experiences to leadership coaches worldwide.