Here at SkillGym, we are passionate about conversations that boost energy and generate results. Every day, we strive to make it easier to practice important conversations.
We believe in human beings and we trust in the power of communication as a means to overcome difficulties and to match people with people.
We work to facilitate Critical Conversations, designing Smart and Authentic Interactive Digital Role Plays. We love delivering the best tools on the market for turning knowledge into deep and actionable smart behaviors.
A BIT OF OUR HISTORY.
The origin of SkillGym dates back 20 years, when we started our early experiments on how to apply digital technology to our expertise in adult learning methodologies. We quickly realized that we could utilize multimedia to create new tools to improve behaviors that require practice to change. Our first Behavioral Simulation was born in 2004.
In 2007, seeing the amazing results that practice through simulation were bringing to our early clients in the field of communication skills, we decided to dismiss any other type of learning technology and to focus on the development of a digital gym for communication. The concept for SkillGym was born.
In 2011, SkillGym became a division of Swiss-based LIFELIKE with a lab to turn dreams into reality. In the interim, we have been recognized with several international awards and a growing number of scientific papers on our unique approach are being published in prestigious international journals.
We have kept the spirit of our origins. A small company of people treating each other like family, living the principle of work-life balance and motivated by a big dream and a compelling mission: helping people change the world, one conversation at a time.
SKILLGYM IN NUMBERS.
We currently employ less than 20 people and we handle the entire solution: methodology design, competency mapping, storytelling, video casting, shooting, algorithms and, of course, client support.
SkillGym is being used in over twenty countries on four continents and has helped over 300,000 people (leaders, sales, job seekers, healthcare professionals, etc.) from hundreds of organizations to measure, develop and maintain their conversational skills (what we call the “C-Factor”). Every day, over 10,000 people schedule a virtual conversation with one of our Authentic Characters.
We have been around for twenty years and we are here to stay. Every day, we pour our passion into our work to deliver an increasingly better SkillGym experience.
THE CONCEPTS WE LOVE TO WORK FOR.
We deeply believe in some important things:
- We believe in measuring the critical factors of performance and continually benchmarking to have a clear understanding of where to aim;
- We believe in the power of Self-Awareness, the one single factor that makes all the difference with everything else;
- We believe in stretching our comfort zone. As humans we are inherently lazy, but when we work out, we can reach the highest achievements;
- We believe in the power of conversation, of course;
- We believe in the human instinct to discover what others think about us;
- We believe in consistency, discipline, reliability and accountability
- We believe in the power of habits, especially good habits;
- We believe that technology is nothing if it does not solve real problems;
- We believe that no one tool is useful to everybody, so choose wisely;
- We believe in trust, privacy, hard work, and real people;
- We believe in the power of storytelling and the power of imagination;
- We believe in practice over knowledge;
- We believe that it is truly possible to change the world, step by step and by including others via empowering conversations.
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR DATA.
Nowadays, we live in a crazy world with data breaches and fraud everywhere. It’s so easy to provide personal data and, apparently, also just as easy to misuse it.
We believe that TRUST is at the foundation of any relationship, and not only in business. This is why we treat our clients’ data with utmost care. We do not share our clients with anybody for any reason and we keep the amount of Personal Data that we ask and store to a minimum. To the extent possible, we use only first and last names along with emails to let our trainees access SkillGym. We are fully transparent about the usage of such data and each registered user can access, update or cancel their data from SkillGym.
We adhere in full to the GDPR specifications, which include the most stringent regulations in the world with regard to the handling of personal data.
WE ARE ALWAYS AVAILABLE FOR A CONVERSATION.
If you have a general question about us and what we do, or if you think you can make a difference and you would like to submit your application, write us at info (at) lifelike.ch. We would love to hear from you and start a conversation.
If you are a client and want to report an issue or provide a suggestion, please contact us via our fast-lane support system here.
If you are a training professional and would like to explore ways to use SkillGym in your business, please let us know. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss the options for local partners with you.
You can also follow us on LinkedIn and YouTube. Don’t miss our blog, where we publish our ideas of how training should help humans to become their best version.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING SKILLGYM.